If you experience any of these common garbage disposal problems, call the Athens Roto-Rooter company right away for repairs:
● Loud grinding noises: If you turn on your garbage disposal and hear loud clanging noises, you most likely have a plastic or metal obstruction that needs removing. However, it can be risky for homeowners to try and remove the object on their own because the metal teeth of the disposal can be dangerous. It’s better to call for service.
● Consistent clogs: If you try running your garbage disposal and find that the water in your sink does not go down, a clog can be responsible. Avoid using store-bought drain cleaners as they can damage the garbage disposal components. Instead, contact a plumber for a garbage disposal service.
● A lack of power: If your disposal doesn’t turn on when you flip the switch, your motor could have a problem that requires maintenance or replacement.
● Leaking water: Leaking water could signify the connection between your disposal and sink needs repair. A plumber can identify the leak and provide a solution in no time.
● Stoppage: If your garbage disposal turns on but will not grind, there could be a clog. To avoid this, always run water while grinding food in the garbage disposal.
REPLACEMENT FOR GARBAGE DISPOSALS
The first step in garbage disposal replacement requires the identification of the underlying issue. Replacing a garbage disposal can be complicated as it requires expert knowledge and tools. The professional plumbers at Roto-Rooter in Athens, GA, will take care of the dirty work and provide you with a new disposal in no time.